Header Ads

PRAYER TO SAINT JOSEPH, HUSBAND OF MARY

Saint Joseph and baby Jesus, Saint Joseph spouse of the blessed virgin Mary, litany of saint joseph


This prayer is to be said at the end of each day’s devotion to Saint Joseph.



Saint Joseph, I your unworthy child, greet you. You are the faithful protector and intercessor of all who love and venerate you. You know that I have special confidence in you and that, after Our Lord and Our Lady, I place all my hope of salvation in you, for you are especially powerful with God and will never abandon your faithful servants. Therefore I humbly invoke you and commend myself, with all who are dear to me and all that belongs to me, to your intercession.

I beg you, by your love for Our Lord and Our Lady, not to abandon me during life and to assist me at the hour of my death.

 Glorious Saint Joseph, spouse of the Immaculate Virgin, obtain for me a pure, humble and charitable mind, perfect resignation to the divine Will. Be my guide, my father and my model through life that I may merit to die as you did, in the arms of Our Lord and Our Lady.

Loving Saint Joseph, faithful follower of Jesus Christ, I raise my heart to you to implore your powerful intercession in obtaining from the Divine Heart of Jesus all the graces necessary for my spiritual and temporal welfare, particularly the grace of a happy death and the special grace I now implore:


[State your request here]
Guardian of the Word Incarnate, I feel confident that your prayers on my behalf will be graciously heard before the throne of God. Amen.

These prayers might also be said.


THE MEMORARE

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.


LITANY OF SAINT JOSEPH, SPOUSE OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

Lord, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us

Christ have mercy on us
Christ, have mercy on us

Lord have mercy on us
Lord have mercy on us

Christ, hear us.
Christ Graciously hear us

God the Father of Heaven,
Have mercy on us

God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
Have mercy on us

God the Holy Spirit,
Have mercy on us

Holy Trinity, One God,
Have mercy on us

Holy Mary,                                      pray for us
St. Joseph,                                        pray for us
Renowned offspring of David,    pray for us
Light of Patriarchs,                       pray for us
Spouse of the Mother of God,      pray for us
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,   pray for us
Foster father of the Son of God, pray for us
Diligent protector of Christ,       pray for us
Head of the Holy Family,           pray for us
Joseph most just,                          pray for us
Joseph most chaste,                     pray for us
Joseph most prudent,                  pray for us
Joseph most strong,                     pray for us
Joseph most obedient,                 pray for us
Joseph most faithful,                   pray for us
Mirror of patience,                      pray for us
Lover of poverty,                         pray for us
Model of artisans,                       pray for us
Glory of home life,                      pray for us
Guardian of virgins,                  pray for us
Pillar of families,                        pray for us
Solace of the wretched,             pray for us
Hope of the sick,                         pray for us
Patron of the dying,                  pray for us
Terror of demons,                     pray for us
Protector of Holy Church,       pray for us

Lamb of God, You who take away the sins of the world,
Spare us O Lord

Lamb of God, You who take away the sins of the world,
Graciously hear us O Lord

Lamb of God, You who take away the sins of the world,
Have mercy on us

V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.


In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...

No comments

Powered by Blogger.