SECOND STATION - JESUS TAKES HIS CROSS

second station - jesus takes his cross

JESUS TAKES HIS CROSS


We adore you, O Christ, and bless you

Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.


Reading

John 19:17
So the took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha.


Christ speaks

In Pilate’s hands, my other self, I see my Father’s will. Though Pilate is unjust, he is the lawful Governor and he has power over me. And to Pilate’s rule I submit myself because this is my Father’s will.  Can you refuse obedience to those whom I have placed over you?


Man Responds

Jesus my Lord, obedience cost you your life. For me, it costs an act of the will – no more – and yet how hard it is for me to bend. Remove the blinkers from my eyes that I may see that it is you whom I obey in all who govern me. Lord, it is you.

Our Father …
Hail Mary …
Glory Be to the Father …

I love you Jesus my love above all things...

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory be to the Father...

Have mercy on us O Lord
Have mercy on Us.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, Rest in peace. Amen.

Through her heart his sorrow sharing
All his bitter anguish bearing
Now at length the sword had passed


No comments

Powered by Blogger.