FIRST STATION - JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH

first station - jesus is condemned to death


We adore you O Christ and we praise you

Because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world

Reading

And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar. When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha. And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King! But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar. Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.

Christ speaks:
In Pilate’s hands, I see my Father’s will. Though Pilate is unjust, he is the lawful governor and he has power over me. And so the son of God obeys a son of man. If I can bow to Pilate’s rule, because this is my Father’s will, can you refuse obedience to those who you are accountable to?

Man's response:

My Jesus, Lord, obedience cost you your life. For me it costs an act of will no more and yet how hard it is for me to bend. Remove the blinders from my eyes that I may see that it is you whom I serve in all that hold me to account. Lord it is you.


I love you Jesus my love above all things, I repent with my whole heart for having offended Thee. Never permit me to seperate myself from thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always and do with me whatever thee want.

Have mercy on us O Lord
Have mercy on us

At the Cross her station keeping
Stood the mournful mother weeping
Close to Jesus to the last

No comments

Powered by Blogger.