THE CHRISTMAS NOVENA

Seventh day of the Novena of the Nativity of Jesus Christ,

Seventh Day - December 22


FLIGHT OF THE CHILD JESUS INTO EGYPT



Meditation...

Let us consider how much these holy wanderers must have suffered in making so long a journey, deprived of every comfort. During their journey through the desert towards Egypt they had to spend several nights in the open air, with the bare ground for their bed. The cold makes the Infant cry, and Mary and Joseph weep in pity for Him. And who would not weep at thus seeing the Son of God poor and persecuted, a fugitive on earth, that he might not be killed by His enemies!

Let us pray...

Dear Infant Jesus, crying so bitterly! What reason do You have to weep in seeing Yourself persecuted by men whom You love so much. I, too, O God, have once persecuted You by my sins. But You know that now I love You more than myself, and that nothing pains me more than the thought that I have so often spurned You, my sovereign Good.

Forgive me, O Jesus, and let me bear You with me in my heart and all the rest of the journey I'm yet to make through life, so that together with You I may enter into eternity. So often have I driven You from my soul by my sins. But now I love You above all things, and I regret above other misfortunes that I have offended You. I do not wish to leave You anymore, my beloved Lord. But do give me the strength to resist temptations. Never permit me to be separated from You again. Let me rather die than ever again lose Your good grace.

O Mary, my hope, make me always live in God's love and then die in loving Him. Amen.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit... 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.