TWELVE PROMISES OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS TO FAITHFULS

12 promises of the sacred Heart of Jesus,


Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is of great antiquity in the Church. It was St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, however, who made this devotion widespread. In 1675, within the octave of the feast of Corpus Christi, our Lord appeared to her and said: "Behold this heart which, not withstanding the burning love for men with which it is consumed and exhausted, meets with no other return from most Christians than sacrilege, contempt, indifference and ingratitude, even in the sacrament of my love. But what pierces my heart most deeply is that I am subjected to these insults by persons especially consecrated to my service."

To those who show him love and who make reparation for sins, however, our Lord made a great pledge: "I promise you in the unfath­omable mercy of my heart that my omnipotent love will procure the grace of final penitence for all those who receive communion on nine successive first Fridays of the month; they will not die in my disfavor, or without having received the sacraments, since my divine heart will be their sure refuge in the last moments of their life."

The super promise of the Sacred Heart is most consoling: the grace of final perseverance and the joy of having Jesus' heart as a sure refuge and infinite ocean of mercy at the last hour.

To gain this grace, we must:
  • Receive holy Communion on nine consecutive first Fridays.
  • Have the intention of honoring the Sacred Heart of Jesus and of reaching final perseverance.
  • Offer each holy Communion as an act of atonement for offenses against the Blessed Sacrament.

12 Promises of the Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

  1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
  2. I will give peace in their families.
  3. I will console them in all their troubles.
  4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
  5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
  6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
  7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
  8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
  9. I will bless those places wherein the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
  10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
  11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
  12. In the excess of the mercy of my heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.

1 comment:

  1. Lord, we are in awe of your love and mercy. Thanks for giving us a chance in life!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.