SAY THIS POWERFUL PRAYER AFTER RECEIVING THE HOLY EUCHARIST

Receiving Communion on the tongue, prayer after communion, saint Thomas Aquinas prayer

I give you thanks holy Lord, Father Almighty, everlasting God, who had condescended to feed me a Sinner, Your unworthy Servant, for no merit of my own, but out of the goodness of Your great mercy, with the precious body and blood of Your Son, our Lord Jesus.

And I pray You, that this Holy Communion, may be to me, not guilt for punishment, but a saving intercession for pardon. Let it be to me, an armour of faith and a shield of goodwill. Let it be to me, a casting out of vices, a driving away of all evil desires and fleshy lust, an increase of charity, patience, humility, obedience and all virtues. A firm defense against the plot of all enemies, both seen and unseen. A perfect quietening of all emotions of sin, both in my flesh and in my spirit. A firm cleaving unto You, the only and true God, and at the end of my life, a happy death.

And I pray You, to bring me a Sinner, to that great feast, where You with Your Son, and the Holy Spirit, are at your holy one, true light, full satisfaction, everlasting joy, consummate pleasure and perfect happiness. Amen.

O Sacrament most Holy, O Sacrament divine, all praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment Thine (3X)

Saint Thomas Aquinas

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.