THIRTEENTH STATION - JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS

Christ Speaks The sacrifice is done. Yes my Mass is complete but not my mother’s and not yours. My mother must still cradle in her arms the lifeless

Jesus is taken down from the Cross


Reading (John 19:38-39)
After this, Joseph of Arimathea, who was a disciple of Jesus but secretly, for the fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus. And Pilate gave him leave. So he came and took away his body. Nicodemus also, who had at first come to him by night, came bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds weight.

Christ Speaks
The sacrifice is done. Yes, my Mass is complete, but not my mother’s and not yours. My mother must still cradle in her arms the lifeless body of the son she bore. You too must part from those you love and grief will come to you. In your bereavements, remember my mother. Remember me too. I am not remote from you. I am with you through it all. In every tear shared, every handshake offered, every memory recalled, I am with you.

Man Respond
I beg you, Lord, help me accept the partings that must come — from friends who go away, my children leaving home and, most of all, my dear ones, when you will receive them into your loving arms. Then give me grace to say ‘As it has pleased you Lord to bring them home to you I bow to your love and the peace you alone can give them. Grant them eternal rest.’

I love you Jesus my love above all things...
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father...

Have mercy on us O Lord
Have mercy on us

Let me mingle tears with thee
Mourning him who mourned for me 
All the days that I may live.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.