FIFTH STATION - SIMON OF CYRENE HELPS JESUS TO CARRY HIS CROSS

fifth station, simon hels jesus to carry his cross


We adore you O Christ and we praise you

Because by your Holy Cross you have redeemed the world



Reading (Mark 15:21)
And they compelled a passer-by, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming in from the Country, the Father of Alexander and Rufus, to carry his Cross.


Christ speaks
I am physically weak. I can no longer bear the cross alone. So they compelled Simon to help me, and indeed, he helps me. Why not you too? lift the burden from another's back. Each time you do that, you lift the Cross' awful weight, that crushes me.


Man Respond
Lord, make me realize that every time I wipe a dish, pick up an object off the floor, assist a child in some small task or give another preference in traffic or the store; each time I feed the hungry, clothe the naked, teach the ignorant or lend my hand in any way, it matters not to whom, my name is Simon. And the kindness I extend to them, I really give to you.


I love you Jesus my love...
Our Father... Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father...

Have mercy on us O Lord
Have mercy on us

Is there one who would not weep
Whelmed in miseries so deep
Christ dear Mother to behold

No comments

Powered by Blogger.