THE CHRISTMAS NOVENA

Fourth day of the Christmas Novena


Fourth Day - December 19

THE LIFE OF HUMILIATION WHICH JESUS LEAD FROM HIS BIRTH


Meditation

The sign which the Angel gave the Shepherds to help them find the newborn Saviour, points to his lowliness: "This shall be a sign to you: you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger." No other newborn baby was wrapped in poor swaddling clothes and lying in a manger, a feeding trough for animals, could be found anywhere else but in a stable. Thus in lowliness the King of heaven, the Sin of God, chose to be born, because he came to destroy the pride that had been the pride that had been the cause of man's ruin.

Let us pray...

O dearest Saviour, You embraced so many outrages for love of me, yet I have not been able to bear one word of insult without at once being filled with resentful thoughts, I who have so often deserved to be trodden underfoot by the demons in Hell! I am ashamed to appear before you, sinful and proud as I am. Yet do not drive me from your presence, O Lord, even though that is what I deserve. You said that you will not spurn a contrite and humbled heart. I am sorry for the offences I have comitted against. Forgive me, O Jesus, i will not offend thee again.

For live of me you have borne so many injuries; for love of You, I will bear all the injuries that are done to me. I love you Jesus, who was despised for love of me. I love you above every other good. Give me the grace to love you always and to bear every insult for love of you.

O Mary, recommend me to your Son; pray to Jesus for me. Amen.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.