Header Ads

NOVENA TO OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP

First day of the Novena prayer to our lady mother of Perpetual Help

First Day - June 18

Blessed forever be our God Who had made thee, O Mary, so powerful, so compassionate and so ready to help. What would become of us, poor sinners, without thee? With what face, after having so often deserved disgrace and punishment, could we go before our sovereign Judge, and ask of Him, not only pardon, but favors, and share in eternal glory? Blessed be thou too, O clement Queen, for having so often interposed between divine justice and me, thy most unworthy client, for having turned away God's anger from me, and for having obtained for me so many graces.

These graces are my desires for those I may and ought still to hope for from thy Perpetual Help. Hence for the time to come, whenever I feel more painfully the weight of my unworthiness, when all seems lost, and I am tempted even to despair, then especially, full of confidence, will I invoke thy blessed name. I will make my misery a claim on thy mercy. I will believe that if God lets me feel my weakness, it is to force me to cast myself into the arms of His mercy and upon thee, my sweet and only hope. Design to remember this resolution in my time of need, and grant that I may be faithful to it, till my last breath. And the Most Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may never cease to have recourse to thee. AMEN.

Recite three Hail Marys for the favour you seek to obtain.

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...

No comments

Powered by Blogger.